Monday, May 22, 2017

I Can Almost Taste It!

Ick! Isn't that a creepy thing to say? "I can almost taste it." I mean, I don't really want to taste most things unless they are vegan and garlicky or chocolate. Anyway, what I meant by that title is that I am so close to a sort of break. We are wrapping up homeschool! Elise is at the end of preschool. Homeschool science and art classes are almost done. The classes that I taught at the college are done for the summer (with the exception of the student who texted me about a grade at 12:35am this morning) and I am just tying up a few loose ends.

I am sooooo so so so ready for a break! Of course there is no real break, but my time will be more flexible and I won't have to drive people everywhere all day long. Seriously, you have no clue how much I drive on a given day. 

Today though, I was up before the sun. I answered my students' midnight text with a 6am reply (a little passive aggressive I will admit) and did some follow up work on her concerns. I worked on a drawing. I made dough and then pizza for Elise and Cordelia as the preschool is having track and field day with a pizza party. Since they aren't providing vegan pizza I set to work early. I made breakfast and packed a lunch for Eric and shuttled people to their different locations. Then homeschool, Cordelia is working on her math while I am here writing this blog post. It isn't even ten in the morning and my day is already buzzing along.

I am not complaining, it is crazy and busy, but it is also a gift. I am thankful that I get to be present in the lives of my children. I am thankful that I have the health and energy to keep on top (more or less) of these things. I am also very thankful that I have a break coming! 

In a week or so we will be onto a much slower pace and that will be so welcome! Playing with the kids and gardening in the days and working on art shows and commissions in the evenings. And now we are off to track and field day! 

 
Photo of my girls reading to each other!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...