Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Tha Cat Food Debacle

Yesterday was an insanely busy day. From the moment I set down my coffee cup until about 9pm I didn't stop. At about 8:30 I did a load of laundry and sat down to do a final edit of an article. All I had left was to throw the laundry into the dryer and I could chillax on the couch with my mister.

Well, that was the plan. Then I opened the washing machine. Apparently the brand new and unopened bag of cat food that I had purchased earlier had fallen into the washing machine and had gone unnoticed as I tossed towels on top of the bag. 

When I opened the washing machine I was first hit by the intense odor. Woof! It smelled horrible. I looked inside and I thought,"Did someone puke into the washing machine?" Then I realized what had happened. The bag had completely disintegrated and the wet kibble had clung to each and every article of clothing, each towel, all of it was coated.

 

Eric started laughing. This is a pretty classic Maria move. The funniest part is that I had just written an article that I felt really good about. I was feeling smart. Ha! The cat food debacle definitely took me down a couple of pegs. Eric gleefully took photos as I stood in pajamas with wet hair, freshly showered...I definitely had to do a second cleansing to rid myself of the cat food odors.

 
Here is a photo of me gagging. 


 
In the end I had to shake out each and every item of clothing that had been in the machine. I had to scoop out the wet kibble at the bottom of the washer. Then I ran the empty machine to ensure it was cleaned out. The clothes had to be washed three times, but I saved them all! 

 

The moral of this story is don't do dumb things.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...