Thursday, August 27, 2020

It’s all in the wrist

Eric started a new job late last year. Along with this new position  cane some sweet benefits, including gym access. I will talk more about this another day, but let’s just say that I have become something of a gym person/workout person this year.

Anyway, I am not sure if I injured my wrist while working out, doing yoga, typing for work, painting, drawing or some combo. Regardless of the source my wrist has been hurting for a few months. I haven’t made much progress in healing on my own so I finally had to call a doctor.

 
 I really mean it when I say “call a doctor,” because most non-urgent appointments are done by phone. So I had a video call with a doctor this morning and have been advised that I may have carpal tunnel. Interestingly even while on a video call my doctor wore a mask. That was weird. I was given some feedback for self-care that may or may not resolve the problem. I don’t feel especially hopeful as she also referred me to a hand surgeon. So that’s what’s coming up for me.

In the mean time I am to wear a wrist wrap day and night. I feel pretty cool with a wrist wrap. I am not sure why it makes me feel tough to have a wrist wrap, especially since I am also now using topical arthritis medicine, but I will take any small victory right now. I am claiming it, wrist wraps are tough. 

1 comment:

affectioknit said...

Oh no!...I hope your wrist heals quickly...
Have a lovely day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...