I start my day early. I am the first up in the house, always. I get out of bed and let the dogs out. (Who let the dogs out?) I start the coffee and while I wait for it to brew I will do a French lesson and maybe answer a work email or something. The girls will usually wake up next. They will chat for a bit, sometimes a lot. I have a cup of coffee. Eric gets up around 7-8. Then everyone will wander off to play a game or get breakfast or whatever. Then I leash up the hounds and head out. Sometimes one or both of the girls will accompany me, but more often than not I am solo.
Walking three dogs can be a lot, but we have all figured out a standard procedure. Betty and Philip in the back and Qiu Jin in the front.
My favorite mornings are when we wander the desert, but in the summer I generally stick to the neighborhood as I don’t want to try and deal with three dogs while encountering a rattlesnake.
Usually I will listen to a book or a podcast while I walk. I only have one earbud in and mace in my hand lest you worry about a vulnerable lady on her own.
Then I get home and start the day.

1 comment:
Hi Maria,
...that looks like such and nice walk...glad your pups are so well-behaved...
~Have a lovely day!
Post a Comment