Pandemic life has been pretty intense and it is looking like the months will continue to soldier on indefinitely without any conclusion in sight. What will normal be on the other side of all this?
I think most of us have been going through an highs and lows. I remember in March when two weeks seemed an eternity 😂. Now it is nearly November. How very strange the world has become.
I have found that there are a series of things that help me to stay sane and mentally unwell. Number one is to limit my news intake. This is admittedly difficult, but I try to just give myself a little time in the morning to glance at the headlines. If information seems important then I will read. I am really trying not to read news that serves no purpose beyond creating a sense of dread or despair.
I am also listening to books and podcasts. I miss having connections with people and this feels kinda like talking to someone who just never lets me get a word in edgewise.
I have been making time to work on commissions, but also my own art.
I take walks every single day. Often more than one walk. Sometimes the girls and I will ride bikes too.
The girls have lessons and sometimes I get to volunteer with rehabbing horses.
I have been working out at the gym. With a mask on it isn’t ideal, but my gym is usually pretty empty so it is easy to maintain social distancing and still get puuuuuuumped.
I am also working on French. I have started writing 1,667 words a day on a novel. I do daily pages in the morning as I am working my way through The Artist’s Way.
I help the girls with school.
I am basically trying to find structure and purpose in this strange time.
How are you? What are you doing to stay sane?
1 comment:
Hi Maria,
...we're finding this time very strange as well...nothing really seems normal anymore...or maybe this is the new normal...we definitely have to limit the news as well...it's just hard to watch so much negative stuff...I've not ventured to the gym yet...but still doing daily workouts at home with a daily bike ride...which gets me out of the house and into the fresh air...and away from all the screens...I've also been making more phone calls...writing more letters and emails and texts too to keep in touch...
~Have a lovely day!
Post a Comment