When was the last time you made a fort for yourself? For Eric and I it was last night. We have our fort making down to an art form at this point. Having developed our skills since childhood we know what type of fort to make for specific activities. Obviously we are not really interested in making a mini-house, as we already live in a mini-house. So, generally our forts are made in front of our TV. We like to settle in and watch a good movie.
When Bumblebee realizes that it is fort making time she tries to claim the best spot. She will go through a digging motion and circle several times before sighing and falling into her chosen spot. The cats are in on the action as well. They nervously approach, heads bobbing and cautiously explore the alien habitat.
Last night Eric and I watched Big, one of my personal favorites. For me its sort of like the Princess Bride, when I watch it I recount how I felt about certain elements when I was a child, how old I was when I started to get some of the adult humor and so on. Last night Eric and I were really focused on just how big those shoulder pads were. Ahhhh the '80s were a time for style.
Why don't you try fort making today. You won't regret it.
3 comments:
If anyone decides to make a fort I suggest keeping an eye on your cat if you have one. Our cats think it's fun to pounce on top of our fort and crash the party.
i have a fort-building urge now.
i love you guys
haha
Ria Rose,
Do you remember when I did slumber parties with you and Benj in the living room at that house in Gillette? That was fun. I never did that with Sam. Maybe I will this week-end... I'm sure he'll be thrilled. Perhaps I can entice him with a tent.
Love, Mom
Post a Comment