Anyway, back to the story of Estes Park. Eric, Bumblebee and I arrived in this beautiful town and wondered why don't we live here, it is breathtakingly beautiful.

We stopped by the Stanley Hotel, see below. If you are familiar with The Shining by Stephen King, this is the hotel that inspired the novel.

A short while later I realized what a city girl I have become in just a short period of time. I found myself taking a photo of deer. Deer! I am from Montana, why on Earth did I think I needed photos of deer? Estes Park natives drove by as I took this photo. I could almost hear them whisper "city slicker" under their breath. Oh well, deer are cute.

When we settled into our hotel room (no we aren't staying at the Stanley this time around) Bumblebee instantly made herself at home on the king size bed. She is not allowed on the bed at our house, but we don't really mind at hotels. She indulges.

In case you were wondering if Eric and I were done with our Alias obsession I offer you an answer. Below you will see that we brought our laptop and a copy of season four (checked out from the library) so we could watch from our hotel room.


5 comments:
Eric, what's on your face!!! Actually, I like it.
Sue
I love the picture of Bumblebee on the bed - she looks in heaven.
I might have been a little feaked out being too near that hotel! :) Kidding...
I had a sort of similar experience with deer while living in NJ outside deer-infested Princeton.
From my office window I saw deer IN A LINE crossing the street. I was so excited. I yelled out, "1 - 2-3-4-5-6 deer crossing the road in a line! Come see!" No one moved. After that they kidded me every time we saw any critter--asking me if I wanted to count them. . .
Here in Atlanta, I got several people to come to my window to look at a big grasshopper! (Of course it could be because we are on the 23rd floor!)
With your permission,(or your husband's.. . if he took the photo) I'm saving Bumblebee on the bed to use as a screen saver! Adorable!
Feel free to use Bumblebee as your screen saver. I hope she brightens your day as much as she does mine.
Post a Comment