Saturday, November 8, 2008

Saturday Morning is...

Saturday morning is waking up at 6:38 even though I vowed to sleep in until 8. Eric manages to sleep in until 9! Bumblebee whines and runs in circles as I wander to the light switch. She waits for the first morning cuddle which is the best way to start any day. If you have never sat crossed legged on the floor while a basset hound tries to sit on your lap (she is huge and it is ridiculous), then you, my friend, are missing out.


Saturday morning is the first rays of lavender morning light peeking through the blinds.


Saturday morning is the light hitting the tree tops as it rises over the city buildings. Wrapping myself up in a jacket, hoping not to run into a neighbor because I am pretty sure I have a little sleep in my eyes, while waiting for Bumblebee to do her morning duties (doodies). You can thank me later for not photographing that.


Saturday morning is Bumblebee falling asleep on the couch after a trip outside and a good breakfast. Mission accomplished.


Saturday morning is Mia taking up her new perch under the lamp. Meowing for food as I pass by.


Saturday morning is Ophelia demanding that I adore her. I do.


Saturday morning is orange juice. I love orange juice. For some reason my whole day feels incomplete if I don't start it off with a good cup of OJ.


Saturday morning is a big breakfast after Eric wakes up. I make scrambled tofu, half of a cinnamon raisin english muffin, two slices of soy bacon and some kiwi.


Saturday morning is coffee in the big mug.

Saturday morning is italicizing my words because it feels like the thing to do.

6 comments:

45+ and Aspiring said...

Thanks for the cheery good morning!

For me, Saturday morning is wisely heeding hubby's reminder that I "do" want to get up to go to water aerobics.

Saturday morning is really kicking it when it's my turn in the pool to get to the front of the line in less than 10 seconds--just to prove I can.

Saturday morning is watching colored leaves waft into the yard.

Saturday morning is opening the jar of homemade apple butter to spread on a toasted hi-fiber honey wheat English muffin.

Now if only I could snuggle with a dog. . . :)

Anonymous said...

what a relaxing saturday morning.

Anonymous said...

I think your Saturday sounds just lovely, Maria! And I got a good giggle trying to imagine the cuddling /lap sitting.

Anonymous said...

happy saturday...
saturday morning is sneeking down into the momcave without the kids noticing and opening the door wide (in Pittsburgh we build houses on hills and our house has a basement with lots of windows and a door)

Stephanie said...

What a lovely morning.

My saturday morning was...waking to the babe calling "mama DADDYYYYYY mama DADDYYYYYY" (how can i not laugh)

going to starbucks with my sisters.

having cocoa with a pump of peppermint. yummy.

coming home to a napping girl and crawling right back into bed with my love for a late morning nap.

Perfect.

Elizabeth said...

my saturday morning was jumping in the shower the minute i woke up.

pouring 4 different kinds of cereal for myself and maddie and her friend and isaac.

saying goodbye to ben and isaac as they went to the outdoor store and did 'guy' things.

getting two girls into swim-suits and making them a really deep, really bubbly bath.

having another pink tea party (we had one last night also) - this time with hot chocolate.

saying goodbye when the friend got picked up and hello when two other little girls were dropped off here so i could babysit them for an hour.

then it was lunch time . . .

funny, when i write it down, it sounds busy, but really, it was nicely paced and i felt relaxed . . .

i loved this post, maria (pronounced properly this time *smile*)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...