Thursday, November 6, 2008

Thankful Thursday


I am feeling kind of tired and lazy today. I think I need to remind myself to be thankful and motivated. So, here are some things I am thankful for today.
  • I am thankful for this glorious bowl of fruit. I am really excited about the pomegranate. I have been saving it for just the right time. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. Hmmm...maybe I will have it for dessert.
  • I am thankful to have a stable job that I actually enjoy working at.
  • I am thankful for my hubby. He gets up early every morning to have breakfast with me before I hit the road.
  • I am thankful for my dog who inexplicably barks and rubs her face into the carpet after she gets a drink of water.
  • I am thankful that I have the courage to cut my own bangs, because they could really use a trim today!
  • I am thankful that I made enough spaghetti for leftovers. I know spaghetti is not exactly sophisticated, but I love it so much.
  • I am thankful that there is a nice breeze today. Sure it's more than a little brisk, but it blows the fresh air into the city.
  • I am thankful that Eric wants to have a fort night tonight. OK, this is my sneaky way of asking Eric if he wants to build a fort tonight.
What are you thankful for today?

11 comments:

E.K. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Paisley said...

I am thankful that my best friend is also my husband. I am thankful for our son and that last night we made a poster together for a project at school. Since he is almost 16 those kind of projects don't present themeselves at much as they use. It was so fun to help him and just hang out. (We burned the corners of the paper so that it looked old)
I am thankful for our dogs. They are such an important part of our lives. I can't imagine life with out them. I am thankful that Frankie our 17 year old cat seems to be in good health, sleepy but content. I am thankful that my mom came over for dinner last night. I am thankful that I didn't have to go to work today. And I am thankful that you wrote this post and I was able to think about what I was thankful for.

Elizabeth said...

mornin' maria.

i have some dishes that are like your bowl. they were my grandma's so i love them because they are pretty and they were hers.

you and eric build forts together? how cool. inside or outside?

before ben and i had kids, we would have 'slumber parties' in the living room - we'd make a comfy bed out there and watch movies until we fell asleep . . . *smile*

Stacy Kraus McDonald said...

I'm thankful for finding a scrap of paper in my office with notes related to a funny memory. A good laugh is always wonderful! Have a wonderful day!!!

Karlene said...

I am thankful that democracy still exists in our country.

RunwithSticks said...

Today I am thankful for the following:

That Grace's vaccinations weren't as horrible as I expected.

For the snow on the ground and the crisp cool air.

For my husband starting to be able to walk again.

For an upcoming friends visit this afternoon.

And that I have some time to read blogs such as yours and comment :)

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful for so many things...but specifically for the hope I feel in the air, it's palpable, even all the way over here in France...change is in the air.

Emily said...

I'm thankful for my sleeping children, a warm home, grandparents close by, and clean sheets on my bed. I'm thankful that my husband and I laugh a lot, that my cats love to snuggle with me, and for a stack of good books to read. And for shows like The Office-- I had to throw that in there.

Anonymous said...

i'm thankful for patient children and finding our own way, and for a good night's sleep

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for being the mother of such a beautiful (inside and out) young woman. I am thankful for being the mother of an adventerous young banker. I am thankful for mothering a redhead with an interested young mind. I am so, so thankful for being married to someone who makes me laugh as well as think deeply about many subjects. I am thankful to have always known I was loved.

Mom

Elizabeth said...

i love reading all these 'thankfuls' - there is good in the world. lots of it. we need to point it out more often. thanks, maria, for bringing thankfulness to light today.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...