Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Tuesday Morning Walk and a Tangent About My Pregnancy Muumuu

This morning Bumblebee and I took an early morning walk after dropping Eric off at work. I decided to head out early for two reasons: 1) It's hot. 2) I have a standard glucose screening test and I can't have anything sugary before the test. The sooner it's over the sooner I can have a peanut butter cookie. Yep, cookies have become a priority.



We went down by the river to enjoy the warmth of the early sun mixing with the cool air coming off the river. Well, I went there for that reason, but Bumblebee really had no say in the matter. She's happy enough if I give her plenty of time to sniff disgusting things.


Here we are on our walk. You can see, from my silhouette, that today I have chosen to wear my stylish maternity muumuu (for those of you out of the loop a muumuu is a non-flattering house dress). I am really happy to be sporting muumuu's, never at any other point in my life have I felt so confident wearing something of this caliber. Strangely I've gotten more than a few compliments on my maternity muumuu. Either way, it's like wearing a giant cotton t-shirt and I love it.

Speaking of muumuu's (yes, I am still talking about muumuu's) I was at my OB check up yesterday and there were literally dozens of pregnant ladies packed into one room. It felt really weird. I've been around one or two pregnant ladies at a time, but this was like a pregnancy party. We all took a good look at each other's bellies and nodded approval at our pregnancy muumuu's. Just for those of you who are concerned the check up went very well and all is going perfectly thus far.


Anyway, back to our morning walk....

Bumblebee and I strolled along the river's edge and greeted the joggers, bikers and walkers we passed. The morning light was just right, the temperature was perfect, it was a wonderful start to the day.

Now, I am off to my glucose screening followed by a peanut butter cookie. What are you up to today?

10 comments:

Robin said...

I love early morning walks!

..... Carmen said...

Good luck with the Glucose Screening Test! Sounds lovely to take an early morning stroll :) How come there are no pictures of said muumuu?

Annie said...

Lovely landscapes over there. :-) Bumblebee looks so kind, I'm sure she (or he?) is gonna be a great big sister.

Emily said...

That peanut butter cookie sure tastes good after such a long wait! I'm glad the screening went well.

sophie said...

I wish it was really hot here - I can't do winter, even our mild ones. When I was pregnant over the summer months I used to wear a sarong everyday, it was great. I love the muumuu idea. Not sure what we are up to today, still deciding.

dutchgirl said...

Enjoy the muumuus now! Sadly, since having my daughter I have an aversion to wearing anything that could be mistaken for maternity wear, but lots of it is very comfy. Hope the gtt went well.

Elizabeth said...

muumuu - what a fun word. :)

oh! i think i need to make some peanut butter cookies!

today i took maddie to gymnastics, isaac to the park, did some laundry, made bread, made some phone calls, read a bit, watched ben play softball . . . it was a full day!

Tammie said...

embrace this time. never again in life will you ever be able to wear a muumuu without having to deal with ridicule.

when i was pregnant with my first kid, i bought a lot of brightly colored thrift store polyester numbers. i was a sight.

AKM said...

Peanut butter cookies sound GOOOOD. I think this weekend I may make banana chocolate chip ones!

Glad all is well on your end. I am fighting a summer cold and I feel crabby and irritable. Funny how a simple cold can turn me into such a big baby! I'm downing decaf tea and I'm having soup for lunch. Later this afternoon I'm going to my Big Sister interview! I can't wait to get my Little Sister!

Meg Wolff said...

Great mumu shadow photo of you and Bumblebee. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...