Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving Review

Yesterday was Thanksgiving. Once again Eric and I tossed away our history degrees and decided to celebrate the festivities based on the notion of being thankful. Eric's parents are in town and they came over for a vegan feast as well as plenty of cuddle time with their sweet granddaughter. My family was out of town, celebrating with family in another Wyoming town.

Photobucket

I started out early baking pumpkin pie. I made the recipe from The Joy of Vegan Baking and it turned out wonderfully. Once I had some success under my belt I dove right in and spent much of the day cooking up a storm. Eric helped by keeping Cordelia happy and entertaining his parents.

Maria @ Thanksgiving

Dinner was a success and we all left the table with full bellies. Our menu included: stuffed butternut squash, potatoes and gravy, rolls, a vegetable pot pie, cranberry sauce and something else that has skipped my mind. We sat around chatting and enjoying each other's company for the rest of the day. Eric disappeared for a bit and returned with a beautiful bouquet of flowers, thanking me for cooking. What a guy!

Photobucket

How was your day?

7 comments:

Chrissy said...

Mine was very good!...roasted two turkey breasts, yams, stuffing, cranberries and broccoli... very low key ... my middle one hit us w/the news that she is in love... beaming from ear to ear we got all the details.... apparently she was pursued by that special person for over a year!... lol... i have never seen her happier!.

Our Green Nest said...

HA! on tossing your history degrees to the side..yeah, we definitely talked about it yesterday. Looks like a yummy meal - what all did you cook?? We had a yummy 3 sisters stew!!!

Emily said...

Looks like you guys had quite a feast! I'm glad you enjoyed your day. Oh and I love Cordelia's outfit! ;)

..... Carmen said...

That sounds like a delicious and wonderful day :)

Stacy said...

I had a wonderful Thanksgiving with my mom and some friends.... amazing day!

Tom Bailey said...

I stumbled across your blog and seeing that other people ate vegan yesterday keeps me from feeling like a lunatic for being vegan too.

I hope you had a great thanksgiving.

Best regards,
Tom Bailey

Nikki Cardigan said...

Looks delicious. And looking back on this year, you certainly have lots of reasons, including one especially gorgeous one, to be thankful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...