Monday, June 6, 2011

Weekend Review

This weekend I...

IMG_6002
~Made Cordelia this pinafore smock top from One Yard Wonders. Cordelia and Eric were off playing as I happily sewed away, so I didn't really get to try it on my little lady until it was done. Unfortunately the pattern was sized a bit large so the completed project will have to wait patiently for Cordelia to grow a bit more.

~Finished reading Glass Castle. Crazy book!

~Started reading The Passage. I really have just begun because two nights in a row I managed a couple of pages before falling asleep.

IMG_6001
~ Went to an antique fair and got these Pyrex bowls! I have had my eye on this set for ages, but I just didn't want to spend money on them. Thankfully my mother knows the vendor and she took the price done by more than 1/2. WOOOOO! They're mine!

~Went on a date with my hubby.

~Entertained company as I already mentioned. For those of you that requested here is my stromboli recipe: Bread dough rolled out into a long rectangle, spread with tomato paste and vegan cream cheese. In a sautee pan I cooked half of a white onion, a handful of fresh mushrooms, a delicious zucchini, a couple of cloves of garlic, some basil and oregano, and some sliced vegan pepperoni. I put this mixture down the center of the dough and sprinkled with some Daiya vegan shredded cheese. Then I rolled it all up and baked it at 400 F until the crust is golden. I change it up all the time, depending upon what veggies I have laying around.

IMG_6003
~Realized that Cordelia has gotten too big for her toys. Somewhere along the way she turned into a little girl. So Eric and I went and got her a few age appropriate toys on a thrifting adventure. We hunted for toys that would educate/spark her imagination and we found success! She has had a wonderful and play filled weekend.

~Went on a long fundraiser walk with my family and the other participants.

~Relaxed with the family.

~ Did some yard work.


What did you do?

4 comments:

Tammie said...

ooh so much goodness in this post.

*the smock: adorable

*the glass castle:one of my fave books.

*THOSE BOWLS: gorgeous!!!

rainblissed said...

Can I have some of your energy pills? ;-) What a wonderfully busy weekend. Ours was full, too...hope to get the post up soon!

Emily said...

What a fun-packed and productive weekend! I agree with Tammie on all three accounts. If you liked The Glass Castle, check out her other book entitled "Half Broke Horses". It tells the story of Rosemary's mother, and is very interesting.

Carmen said...

What a lovely sounding weekend :)

Ours was full of yardwork, and sun! A great combination :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...