I had a small zucchini, heirloom tomatoes, fresh basil and oregano from the garden. Everything else I happened to have on hand.
- 1 box of whole grain rotini pasta, cooked and drained
- 1/2 onion
- 1-2 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 c. chopped basil and oregano (just a mix, I went a bit heavier on the basil)
- 1-2 cloves garlic (more to taste) minced
- 1 jar of oil packed sun dried tomatoes chopped, most of the oil drained
- 1 crown broccoli divided into bite sized florets
- 1 small eggplant, chopped
- 1 small jar of marinated artichokes chopped, drained
- 1 can white beans, drained
Cook the rotini and set aside in colander. Meanwhile in a big pot heat the olive oil over medium heat, add the onion and cook until it becomes slightly translucent. Add the basil and oregano. Mix. Add the broccoli and eggplant. Cook, stirring occasionally. Add more olive oil if things start to dry out.Once the broccoli is bright green and tender and the eggplant is soft add the rotini, artichoke hearts, and white beans. Mix and serve hot.
*I would have liked to add some crushed red pepper, but I have a husband who hates spice.
*Also, pine nuts would be good.
I served mine with a simple salad of heirloom tomatoes, slivered almonds, mixed baby greens and a simple vinaigrette.
Now, don't forget to check out the post from yesterday. There is still time to enter the awesome giveaway.