Saturday, October 22, 2011

Thrifty Finds and Living Room Sneak Peek

Yesterday we went family thrifting; it's a sport around our house. The goal was to find a new bedspread that would go with our mid-century vibe and to find Halloween costumes. We had no luck on either front. Although Eric came excitedly over to me to tell me that he found an adult sized Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle costume. He was very excited...anyway we went to survey the costume only to discover that it was not, in fact, an adult sized costume---rats.

While we didn't find what we were looking for we found some other major thrift scores. Here they are in order of appearance:

lamp top
We spotted an awesome lamp that had time traveled from the past to find us in our local thrift. Eric and I instantly agreed that we HAD to have it. New lamp total cost: $2.95

I also approached a stranger and said, "You look cool," and pretty much forced her to be my friend. She was lovely and kind about being approached by an outgoing lady with a wild haired toddler. New friend total cost: $0...well technically the cost of a business card so we had a way to stay in touch so perhaps the total cost was something in the range of $0.00001

chair
Finally Eric found an amazing vintage chair and I think that I may have squealed in delight when I spotted it, it is perfect for our style and home. New chair total cost: $4

set up with Cordelia

lamp detail

IMG_1660

Also, you can see that we've been rearranging our living room. Perhaps I will have to give another tour now that things are looking different. So there you have it, our most recent AWESOME thrifted finds! Have you been thrifting lately?

4 comments:

Susan said...

Lovely!

Roxee said...

All the yard sales are finished in my area, temperature is too cool now, and the chain stores like Value Village and Salvation Army are just not cheap any more, I think I will have to go downtown to a family owned thrift store to find good buys like you did! And I love that lamp!

Victoria said...

Ooooh! Love your "finds" Love how the color palette is so connected to your new "acquisition" ;) I was planning to garage sale today, but slept in after a raucous dinner party at our house!

Tammie said...

i love your thrifty finds and the fact that you forced someone to be friends with you.

im in need of a new bedspread too, as ours has a claw sized hole in it. we're blaming the dog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...