Saturday, December 10, 2011

Clash of the Titans: Wonky Foot and Stubby Tail Play

Sometimes I Bode-sit. When my parents are busy and they don't quite know what to do with their still untrustworthy pup (he's not yet 1 and he is foolish enough to eat anything---plastic bags, garbage, chunks of funk, whatever) they bring him over to hang out with us.

When he arrives there is a thirty minute period of pure chaos, happy chaos. Cordelia laughs but asks,"Wanna hold me." The cats go up to their granny room and let me shut them in where they blow off their tension with 11 hour naps. I close all of the doors to any room that I can't supervise so Bode won't run in and start eating something. On more than one occasion I have found him wolfing down stuffing that he tore from Bumblebee's dog bed.

The dogs are oblivious to all of this and just dive right into play...

playing

Rolling

Mouth play2

mouth play1

Rest

7 comments:

Roxanne said...

How cool is that? Victory nap, Bumblebee deserves it!

Susan said...

They are both quirky dogs!

Victoria said...

Oh Bumblebee, you have the heart of a lion!!

Tammie said...

i love these pictures.

and what, exactly and specifically, is a 'chunk of funk'?

Kate W. said...

HAHA! I can just see Cordelia wanting up off the floor - and can't blame her! My dogs do this, as well. The joyful, full out play, as well as the snapping at the air, I'm tuff but tired type, too. I hope I get to meet Mr. Wiggles at Christmas -- he looks so dang funny! And Bum DOES deserve her victory nap, I'm sure!

Maria Rose said...

Tammie! You don't know what a chunk of funk is?---We aren't really sure either, but it is a common phrase in our home. Generally it means anything unidentifiably gross.

Amber said...

Is Bode a Visla? That would be pretty awesome because we have a Weimaraner and a Black and Tan Coonhound. So, we kind of have the same dogs; a German hunting dog and a hound dog! But I guess it doesn't work if Bode isn't a Visla.

I know exactly what you mean by "chunk of funk"! Our Weimaraner threw up a "chunk of funk" the other night. After a little closer examination, we figured out the chunk of funk was one of my socks that she somehow swallowed whole. She is 1 year and 2 months old and definitely still a puppy!

Thanks for the fun dog pictures!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...