Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Thank You! Yes, You Specifically!

Maybe this pregnancy was the worst kept secret ever, or maybe there are just lots of psychic people in this world. People have been asking us about a potential baby #2 lately and we've been giving weird and vague answers, sorry if you were one of those people, but we were just waiting to share the news.

Oddly we have had two occasions where people nearly found out a bit early. The day I took the pregnancy test in October I left the test out in the bathroom, because it made me happy to see, and I forgot about it when a friend came over for dinner. I was giving her a tour of the house and we went into the bathroom where I was regaling her with details of cabinet painting when I spotted the test just sitting there in the open. I stopped mid-sentence, stumbled over my words and quickly ushered us out of the bathroom. Amazingly she didn't notice it; I asked her later if she was just being polite, but she just hadn't seen it.

Then a few weeks ago we had friends over and we were standing in the kitchen talking. They asked if we were planning to have more kids and there was a weird, awkward pause as we tried to give a vague answer. We moved the conversation along, but later I realized we had an ultrasound on our fridge...still not sure if they saw that.

c

Anyway, we are so very happy to be able to share this news with the world now. Thank you so very much for your kind words and enthusiasm for our family! Your well-wishes really made our day, so nice to share something so very precious to us. We are very excited! I am thinking about tiny toes and baby snuggles. We can't wait to see Cordelia loving her little baby brother or sister. Since a few of you have been asking, we have started discussing the situation with Cordelia, but only in a very basic sense at this point. She has an eternity, in toddler time, to wait.

bee

We also told Bumblebee, but she just gave us a blank stare.

Also, thank you for the overwhelmingly positive feedback about the new blog design! Eric was up until 2am just getting everything in order. He's kind of awesome that way.

This year is off to a great start! I have lots of fun stuff planned!

I hope you are having a great new year as well!!

20 comments:

Roxanne said...

This year will be great for you and Eric with the new baby and introducing him/her into your lives.
As for the rest of us, we will happily reading your adventures, and making our very own!

Kate said...

The psychic thing made me laugh; I was putting my daughter's clothes away/into giveaway bags and paused over a couple things that either we received from you or that reminded me of you and put it into a Wimmer Pile. That was around October 25th, and I had no reason to do so. I'm going to choose to believe that I'm slightly psychic and not obsessive about piles and hand-me-downs.

Keia said...

Congrats on the baby news! (sorry I am a bit late) Anyway, I love the new layout for the blog :)

elizabeth said...

oh! hurray!
new babies are wonderful!
second children are wonderful!
big sisters are wonderful!
oh! happy, happy 2012 to you!

E.K. said...

My trick has been to just shift the talk to discussing Cordy. They never notice. "So are you planning on another?" Me, "Well, Cordy sure has enjoyed Christmas time!" Them, "Oh really? What did she get?" ...flawless.

Allen said...

Love the new look GREAT JOB Eric.

Soley said...

Congratulations! Oddly, for no reason at all I was wondering the other day if you guys were going to go for #2. Hold on tight for the wild (and absolutely wonderful) ride you will be on with a second child!!
On another note, I was lucky enough to receive your beautiful heart and clock pieces necklace from my sister for Christmas, and I just wanted both of you to know how much I love it!!
Happy New Year!

Daphne said...

Happy happy news!! So exciting for you all.

Veggie Tales said...

Congrats! That's so exciting!

Nicole Elizabeth said...

I love the new blog too btw. Courdy will be a great big sister. Once you begin to show, I have found then it becomes real to my kids. Deirdre loves feeling the baby move.

singlemama said...

I really am soooo happy for you :-)

Stacy said...

Really, I could cry with happiness for your family. You're lovely and I can't wait to come along on this little journey with you.

Maria Rose said...

Thank you all so so much! My heart hurts with happiness.

AKM said...

YAY! I'm a little late to this party, but I'm still super-excited for all of you! :-)

jhailstone said...

I think there was just something in the air that people picked up on and then they asked. I wondered the same thing one time about a friend and didn't ask. It's a good thing I didn't as she wanted her family to know first.

Carmen said...

A big part of the questioning has to do with Cordelia being two. And people can be rude in assuming they have a right to pry about people's decisions with how many children they wish to have. Good for you for being able to redirect the questions :). I agree - big sisters are great and so are baby snuggles and tiny toes :)

eLiZaBeTh said...

Well, I picked a great day to rejoin the blogging world!! I am SO HAPPY FOR YOU & YOUR FAMILY!!! Going from 1 to 2 is a little crazy, but in a good way (most of the time!) LOVE the new blog look :)

Heather said...

Congratulations!

I've been reading your blog for a while and it is one of my favorites. Your approach to parenting, creative projects,and cooking inspires me to enjoy the simpler things in my life. I usually leave your blog with a sense of calmness and happiness. Thank you and congrats again!

On my way Home... said...

Oh my goodness! That is rockin! And so enjoy the new look to the blog! But you'll have to make a new header once baby comes! :) Congrats!

Amber said...

I'm a little behind on reading your blog. I had a nice vacation and also took a vacation from the digital world.

Today your mom mentioned you are pregnant! Congratulations! I still think it is funny we were talking about people being pregnant and low and behold, you were pregnant as we spoke! I will pray for a healthy baby for you and your family!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...