Saturday, February 18, 2012

Recipe: Easy Vegan Curry Potaotes

More often than not my recipes spring from desperation and limited ingredients in my cupboard. This is one such recipe and it is super simple which works well for a busy lady like me. I tend to serve these with sloppy lentils (a vegan sloppy joe). A specialty ketchup or even a curried vegan mayo would be great for dipping.

p2

Ingredients
  • 4-6 large potatoes scrubbed and chopped into chunks that are no more than 1/2 inch in thickness.
  • Olive oil
  • 1/2-3/4 tsp. curry powder
  • 1/2 tsp. sugar
  • 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1/4 tsp. cumin
  • Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
  • * optional 1/4 tsp chili flakes add a little kick

Directions

Pre-heat oven to 400F. Put the chopped potatoes into a large bowl. Lightly toss with olive oil. Add everything else, mixing gently to coat all potatoes. Lay out on a cookie sheet (if you went really easy on the olive oil you may want to add a little oil to the cookie sheet to keep the potatoes from sticking. Place in the oven for about 35 minutes, or until golden---flipping them once.

potatoes 1

5 comments:

Nicole Elizabeth said...

These look great! If I did not have terrible heart burn, I'd be all about curry anything right now :)

Kirsten Taggart said...

YuM! curry + potatoes = love

Susan said...

yum!

affectioknit said...

Oh those look so yummy!

Have a lovely day!

On my way Home... said...

Mmmm good! I do that with dill. I'll definitely be trying the curry. Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...