Wednesday, June 20, 2012

It is Going to be a Good Day

Sometime around 4:30 this morning I woke up to the sound of a softly falling rain. I could feel the cool air coming in through the open windows and I could hear the 4am birds (a group of birds that throws a raucous  daily party at 4am) chirping with a little less enthusiasm than usual. I could picture them all taking cover under one of the trees in the backyard, fluffing damp feathers and chattering away.

wet virgina creeper

wet rose

white flower

I lay under the covers, listening. It's going to be a good day I thought to myself. The could feel the waves of fresh air rolling through, leaving a crisp clean scent in their wake. I could hear the sleeping sounds of animals and humans scattered throughout the house. I was the only one awake, well along with the 4am birds. I took in the moment with gratitude, just one of those moments that seemed meant for me to enjoy and appreciate. It is most certainly going to be a good day.

wet cement



lantern


4 comments:

Roxanne said...

Now this post is the beginning of a good book... I want to keep on reading! LOL

Anne Marie said...

It is a wet (and COLD) morning here, too. The rain-washed air smells soooo good! I am loving it...the blast furnace will be back soon enough. Happy first day of summer!

glutenfreehappytummy.com said...

what a great way to start the day! and i agree with roxanne -- this is the start of a good book! :)

Stacy said...

I love the sound - and smell - of rain. What a perfect way to wake up!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...