Saturday, November 23, 2013

Project: Bedside Table Re-Vamp

Cordelia had a chair by her bed. It was the catch all instead of a bedside table she had a chair, it was turned backwards and looked a little junky. So I have been on the lookout at thrift stores for something that will be a little more functional and polished. You can imagine my delight when I found this gem....

bedside table before

bedside table before

Don't see it? Squint real hard, like to the point that your eyes are closed. Good, now use your imagination and see the potential. The piece was hideous! Gold and silver and brown were the prominent features, but the bones were good and the $3 price was right up my alley.

I came at it with two of the paints that we already have in the garage. I painted the interior of the side table the same aqua color of our front door and the exterior I painted a crisp white. Voila, side table!

bedside table after


beside table after

Cordelia is pleased with it, although she did tell me she wished I had painted it pink. I did not paint it pink because a) too much pink b) the side table may, over time, find its way around the house and this way it will work in any room.

7 comments:

Mom said...

It is perfect! AND, it is a color that bring out the pink around the room. You can explain that to Cordelia.

affectioknit said...

AWESOME!

I love it!

~Have a lovely day!

elizabeth said...

turquoise and white - fresh and lovely!

when i give a little tour of our new space, you'll be able to see some of your art on my walls. :) though i have been absent here, i think of you often!

Marie Roxanne said...

I love the colors! Did you paint the carved sides white or trace them in turquoise?

Maria Rose said...

I painted them white, didn't want it to be too busy.

Sarah Purdy said...

Gorgeous!!! I love it!! How did you forget to tell about this yesterday! Looooove!! Exclamation points!!

Jodi O said...

Great DIY, thanks for posting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...