Monday, April 14, 2014

Happy Birthday Dad

 Dad and Betty

Yesterday was my father's birthday! He had to work, since he is a pastor he can't really take Sundays off. So he had a partial work day, but then he had BIG PLANS for the afternoon. He wanted to watch sports (and golf) on TV and relax. My father is always on the go, out in public, and you might not know it to meet him, but he is an introvert. So this is just what the birthday doctor ordered for him.

Dad and I

We all descended upon the house later in the day, after giving him some down time. He forced me to watch a little golf with him while he explained the rules. You can't tell in this photo, but I was fast asleep. I am kidding.

Laura and Elise

Grandma and Elise

Eric

We had a wonderful afternoon. There was a lot of laughter and Tom Foolery. Laura (we borrow her as a family member, she has a fantastic family of her own, but they live in a different town so we borrow her) was there and so was my brother Sam. I am sorry I didn't get a picture of Sam (I know a certain Arizonian would appreciate a picture of him, so I will snap one soon) , but he spent much of his time helping Elise to fly.

Cordelia

We had dinner and cupcakes baked into ice cream cones and we laughed until we cried.

We played Wii bowling and just a nice family night. I think that was the perfect kind of birthday for my father as he is all about family. My dad is seriously an amazing father/husband/friend/musician/everything. Every person who is fortunate enough to become part of his life learns that he is so smart, so weirdly funny and such a genuinely good human. I cannot express to you enough just how important it has been and continues to be for my family to just have the influence of a truly good man. I love my father and I am so honored that I get to be his daughter, one of the greatest blessings in my life.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Beautiful.

We are all so blessed to have this man in our lives.

Don't tell him I said that. He'll get a big head!

Anne Jezek said...

Happy Birthday Mike!! We are sending lots of love and sunshine from Mexico!! xoxox Anne and Andy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...