So I am a week into this business of red hair. I have had pretty much every color of hair under the sun, but for the past decade I went with my natural color. So now that I am red again I am really enjoying it, but I have noticed a few things over the course of the week:
1. I have a deep fear that people will start calling me Big Red. At just under 5'11" this is a very real possibility. My bestie is a red as well and she is a petite lady. She could be called Little Red, which would be charming. If we went out together and people referred to us as Big and Little Red that would be weird. Now I am fairly certain that, by writing this, I have sealed my fate.
2. Blondes have less fun than red heads! Fact! Red hair makes me feel like I am not about to recede into the landscape of Wyoming. I feel happy when I look in the mirror and see something different. Perhaps it is not the hair, but just the fact that I unplugged a personal blockage.
3. People assume that if one has red hair, natural or not, that it says something about their personality. I have been asked several times if I feel that my hair matches my personality better now, and I do! I am not sure why.
4. Red hair makes dressing fun! I keep choosing outfits and colors that enhance the red. The result is that I have gotten out of a clothing funk, the kind of funk that happens each winter.
5. I feel obligated to actually do my hair. I mean I probably spend less than three minutes styling it, but it is a vast improvement upon long vs. ponytail.