Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Outside Art

 birdbath

I keep meaning to share with you a new piece of art that we recently acquired. This playful and beautiful column was created by friend and uber-talented artist Victoria Copeland. She created the gorgeous mosaic column and then left it for Eric and I to decide what we should top it with (garden ball, bird bath, manatee statue, etc.)

birdbath

To complete the piece Eric and I found a birdbath, the kind that hangs from chains. We removed the chains and I made some dangles from clay and attached them to the holes that had once been connected to the chain. Down the center if the column we stuck a rod into the ground to ensure that Wyoming's winds won't knock it down.

birdbath

birdbath

We placed some stones into the basin of the birdbath and now we are all set. Isn't it gorgeous?! It is so whimsical and fun to look at, there is always some new detail to discover. 

birdbath

It is great to extend our love of art into the outdoors, beyond the walls of our home. Do you decorate your outside?

6 comments:

Sarah Purdy said...

Very cool! I'm inspired to do something like that in our yard! #readyforsummer

affectioknit said...

It really is gorgeous!

~Have a lovely day!

Marie Roxanne said...

What a beautiful piece of art, I was thinking of mosaiking (I like to make up my own words too!) my coffee table!

Emily said...

So bright and cheerful! I love it!

Mom said...

It is so beautifully cool!

Victoria said...

Thank you Maria for kicking me in the hiney, creatively speaking, of course! Many thanks everyone for all the nice comments. Love your bird bath selection and beads! Yay! More to come!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...