Saturday, June 28, 2014

Project: Cart Makeover

 cart makeover

Yesterday we swung by Goodwill while we were out and about. I spotted this sad little cart and I remembered how my bestie Sarah had transformed one in far worse condition to make it into a showpiece. So I grabbed it and for three bucks it wasn't much of a gamble. While Elise was napping and Cordelia was coloring I looked up Sarah's project (click here to see what she did!)

 Stand makeover

The cart was in pretty good shape, a little rusty and definitely worn down. I took it apart and cleaned all of the elements, finding a spider graveyard in the process.

Stand makeover

Mostly I just had to use a little elbow grease to remove the years of funk and grime. Then I took the tray outside and spray painted it. I did two coats of a gloss paint. I opted not to sand the tray down as it didn't appear to have any major flaws, but when I started painting I did notice some inconsistencies...not anything that will bother me so I didn't take the time to smooth out areas that had a little character as they were very small.

Stand makeover

Once the paint was dry I simply put the pieces back together and it was a done deal.

cart makeover

cart makeover

cart makeover

4 comments:

Mom said...

It looks great!

Sarah Purdy said...

I'm in love. Looks great!

Emily said...

Looks awesome! I guess I'll need to be on the lookout for a cart too!

Marie Roxanne said...

That looks so good maybe I should do one too, and $3.00 is a very good price. And maybe I will find one at the garbage curb and have it for free like Sarah's!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...