Thursday, July 3, 2014

Friends

Yesterday my friend Anne came to town. She arrived shortly before dinner on a beautiful July day. We hung out and chatted through dinner. The girls were all over her as she is pretty much just family at this point. It was casual and easy and lovely.

Once the girls went to bed we sat on the back porch. Sarah came over, Eric was there (obviously) and the four of us sat out back for hours just talking and laughing and reveling in each other's company.


I am so very thankful to have a spouse who is my best friend and strong and smart women friends. What a gift it is to have even a small handful of people who I care for and who care for me. 

Friendship is one of the true joys of life. Too often I think friendships are neglected, or undervalued. The truth is that having a circle of meaningful friendships (near or far) can make a good life great.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...