Monday, June 6, 2016

Denver and The Cure

Yesterday Eric and I left the girls with my mother for a night while we went to Denver for a pre-anniversary celebration. We left pretty early in the morning and made it to Denver for lunch. We grabbed a bite a City o City, a vegetarian/vegan restaurant in the heart of Denver.


It was a really beautiful day, but man alive that city is so crowded. We are so used to living in the least populated state that the city can be a bit overwhelming.


One of the perks of a crowded city is definitely the vegan food options. Once we settled in for a good we slowed way down and relaxed.


The food was so good! I am not even sure what I ate. Something with tofu and cashew cheese and mixed greens and tomatoes. Whatever it was I certainly enjoyed my meal.


Here is what I look like taking a photo of my food. No shame. Thanks Eric...


Later we went to see Th Cure. We realized that it had been 16 years to the very day that we had first seen the band at he exact same venue. Strange! We arrived as the sun was setting and had a spectacular view of the mountains in the distance. Our seats were absolutely nosebleed seats. It didn't matter one bit.


Normally I kinda freak out at concerts because I get a little panicked around big crowds. Particularly loud drunken crowds, but this was different everyone was so happy and kind. No gross drunks people barfing, instead the crowd was made olio of couples and even some families. People were hugging and dancing and making friends with each other.


The show was so amazing! Eric and I have been listening to The Cure for maaaany years and we have seen them quite a few times, but this was by far the best they have ever sounded.


It was just a fantastic night filled with nice people and amazing music and spending time with the love of my life.

Now it is time to get my babies! They have been having a blast with my mother and their Uncle Sam, but I am ready to reunite. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...