•6-8 corn tortillas, warmed
• 1tbs olive oil
•1/2 onion, sliced
• 2 cloves minced garlic
• 1 red bell pepper, sliced
• 1 zucchini,sliced
• 2 portobello mushrooms, sliced
• a few drops of liquid smoke
• salt and pepper to taste
• cooked rice
• black beans, warned with a tsp of cumin, salt and pepper, onion and garlic are good too
* optional: sliced avocado, chopped tomatoes, salsa, vegan sour cream, chopped lettuce, hot sauce, guacamole
1) In a medium skillet over med-high heat warm the oil, add onion and cook until translucent.
2) Add the garlic and red pepper. Cool for a minute or two.
3) Add the zucchini and mushroom, cook until soft. Add liquid smoke, salt and pepper if you wish.
4) The last few minutes I turn the heat on high and char the veggies a little bit---not too much, keep calm.
5) You can now assemble your fajitas. I like beans and rice on the side with veggies and toppings in the tortilla. Eric likes it all in the tortilla. Either way is amazing. Enjoy.