If you want to try this for yourself you will need:
Old crayons cut into a few small chunks. I limited the girls to two colors each so they wouldn’t end up mud colored.
A necklace blank and a chain
The process is super simple.
1. Pre-heat your oven to 350F
2. Have the kids put a few chunks of each color in their necklace and set them on a cookie sheet. I was using a junky cookie sheet, but if you are using something nice put down some tinfoil to protect the cookie sheet.
3. I had the girls watch the melting. The process took a couple of minutes.
4. Pull them out and let them cool.
5. Then each girl painted the melted and fully cooled wax with a coat of clear nail polish.
6. Once it was dry we put them on the chains.
Done deal glockenspiel.
No comments:
Post a Comment