This morning the girls and I did a fun little homeschool project. I am sure I saw this simpler craft somewhere before, but it feels like it is my own divinely inspired creative project...so don’t burst my bubble man!
If you want to try this for yourself you will need:
Old crayons cut into a few small chunks. I limited the girls to two colors each so they wouldn’t end up mud colored.
A necklace blank and a chain
The process is super simple.
1. Pre-heat your oven to 350F
2. Have the kids put a few chunks of each color in their necklace and set them on a cookie sheet. I was using a junky cookie sheet, but if you are using something nice put down some tinfoil to protect the cookie sheet.
3. I had the girls watch the melting. The process took a couple of minutes.
4. Pull them out and let them cool.
5. Then each girl painted the melted and fully cooled wax with a coat of clear nail polish.
6. Once it was dry we put them on the chains.
Done deal glockenspiel.