Friday, January 11, 2019

Better Every Day

My cousin Erin is one of my very best friends. She and I connect nearly every single day even though she lives on the actual opposite side of the planet. Lately we have started this awesome new daily ritual that is pushing us to grow!  You see she is asleep while I am awake and vice verse with a few hours of overlap on both ends. She and I have a great deal in common, both vegan artists. We also have a great deal of differences. She is one of my very first friends in life and I am so thankful that we have continued to grow our friendship into adulthood. 

Oh yeah, our current daily ritual! So, at some point in the day I will write her a message that reads something to the effect of “Good morning! While you were sleeping I did a,b,and c.” She does the same. 

The exciting part of this is the a, b, and c! You see I will report to her about the animal shelter I am singing up to volunteer at, or the rescue group I offered to donate my artistic services to. I will also tell her how I tried to push myself as an artist by reaching out to potential clients, show opportunities, or whatever. She does the same for me!

So we each wake in the morning and know that on the other side of the planet someone was working to make this world a little bit better every day without end.




1 comment:

Susan said...

That is very beautiful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...