When one of the girls has a birthday my parents often buy the other a small gift too. This started right when Elise was born and had continued on to this day! Most recently Cordelia turned 12! 😠Cordelia went with my mother in advance of said birthday and helped pick out a small gift for Elise.
Picture in your mind my mother and tween Cordelia taking a twenty minute walk to the store. There they found a small pirate skeleton. Apparently they thought, rightly so, this would be the perfect gift for Elise. After purchasing said pirate skeleton each took a hand with the skeleton in between them like a toddler and walked twenty minutes back to the house!
On Cordelia’s birthday Elise received her skeleton, now named Gerald. She was over the moon and since that moment Gerald has taken quite a central role in our lives.
He joins us for meals, to enjoy the company not food as Elise pointed out he has no digestive system.
He comes along for pick up and drop off at school. He also comes on errands.
He celebrated the birthday too.
Elise also tucks him in at night…
He even came with us to a restaurant.
Anyway, that’s Gerald.
2 comments:
I think I found your blog the year Elise was born and I am amazed at how old your girls are. I have 2 granddaughters and do the same thing as your parents gift-wise. So nice to see you pop up in my feed!
Hi Maria,
...that is such a sweet and funny story...I can just imagine it...and...I can't believe how grown up your girls are...time is crazy...
~Have a lovely day!
Post a Comment