The regular balloon fiesta has been cancelled for this year, for obvious COVID reasons. With that said the school that one of the girls kind of goes to (look it’s weird and part of a hybrid online situation) had a socially distanced event.
The girls asked to go, even though it meant getting up before the sun. With so many “no’s” in the past six months I was happy to take one for the team. So I started worrying about waking up on time at 3am. Classic. We left the house before six. I couldn’t suck down that coffee fast enough and hit the road. En route we could see the first glow of balloons in the still dark sky. It’s pretty crazy to see just a blast of fire illuminating a balloon in the darkness. I couldn’t take a picture because I was driving.
We got to the school and parked in the lot and watched as, one by one, the balloons inflated. The sun slowly rose above the Sandias and eventually it was time to fly.
We watched them fly off, the occupants of the balloon waving down to us. Then we hurried home to start the day.
2 comments:
WOW!...What fun!
~Have a lovely day!
Hi Maria,
I stumbled upon your blog. So happy to get a sneak peek into your life again! I missed it.
Pam
Post a Comment