Thursday, November 1, 2007

Autumn Hits Denver

I had a pretty rough day at work today. Very, very, very, boring. So, at lunch Eric and I took Bumblebee on a nice walk in the park. Since we adopted Bumblebee a couple of years ago Eric and I have taken her on a walk every single day. We have really become acutely aware of the changing seasons and even though we are out in it every day, there is still a moment when it seems that everything makes a decision to change. Its sort of like a few trees get a bright idea to change a bit early and there are always a few stragglers that hold onto their leaves well past a respectable date. You know the trees; they seem to lose their leaves in one shameful December day.

Anyway, our lunch-break walk in the park revealed that today is the day that most of the trees seem to have decided to usher fall in with one big lovely show. While Denver is a city, it does have some really great parks that help you forget it. Below are some photos from our afternoon walk.

I really love the loooong shadows in this picture. The leaves are reflecting the bright sun too.

I wish I could have gotten a better photo of this creek. The water was pulling the leaves to wherever it is headed. I love the way that leaves don't all just float on top of the water, but seem to divide the water into a top, middle, and bottom.


The grass is still green, but the leaves know what season it is.

I took this photo to really highlight the golden color of the leaves against the dark tree trunk.

The tree seemed to be taking a cue from the river and just let its leaves flow right into the water.

This shadow reminds me that the days are getting shorter.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your photos are beautiful and the commentary makes me feel very happy, thanks.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Your use of words is beautiful. Loved it... love you! Mom

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...