Monday, May 5, 2008

Can you believe this find?


If you read Eric's blog then this is old news, but I have to mention our super radical thrift store find. On a whim we stopped by the Goodwill this afternoon while we were waiting for the library to open.

Eric and I have been looking for these exact chairs for quite some time, but either can't find them or they are just too expensive.

Anyway, I was just about ready to leave the store when I spotted them and about had a heart attack. There are four of them. They are in perfect condition. I looked around for greedy eyes, worried to step away, but I mustered the courage to run to Eric and gave him crazy eyes and gestured for him to follow me immediately.

He hustled over and we spoke to the salesperson who told us that all furniture was on sale, half off. She also mentioned that the chairs had been placed out less than thirty minutes earlier. We paid $5/ chair!!! I know, any of you who are mid-century lovers are jealous. This was the find of a thrift store lifetime. YEAH!!!!

4 comments:

E.K. said...

Yeah!!!! I'm going to go sit in one right now, because I can.

Sarah Kramer said...

I know that feeling of thrift store panic. I love it. :)

Karlene said...

Those are great! That's how I felt when I found ny coffee and end tables, I also only paid $20.

Anonymous said...

Score!!!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...