First is my corsage from my junior and Eric's senior prom. We went together in 1998. Eric wore a white tux with tails and a top hat. I wore a silver dress from the 1920s that I found in an antique store. I think we stayed at prom for about an hour before we went out for coffee at Alamorosa (our coffee shop du jour).
The next object below is the collar of my first cat Lacey. When I was a kid I wanted a cat so badly, but my Dad was in college and we were living in student housing. So, when we moved to Montana with his first job we grabbed Lacey that first night!
The next item is a drawing that my brother Ben made for me in 1991. I don't know if you can tell, but it is a pack horse. I remember that he drew it while we were in the car. He also told me at that time that he wanted to live with Mom forever and adopted loads of children.
Next is a letter from my friend Julie and the card from her funeral. I think it is somehow important to keep both as a reminder of who she was and not just that she has gone.
Here is a bracelet that my brother Sam made for me. I don't know where, when or why he gave it to me, but it has always been a treasure.
Finally there is a drawing made for me by my younger cousin Allison. She has always been so kind and it even showed through in her early childhood. She sent me this drawing out of nowhere and I loved the goodwill gesture coming from a child.
No comments:
Post a Comment