Saturday, September 27, 2008

Did you know?


Did you know that art is in my blood? My Grandma Grace is an amazing artist. You can see her work to the left.

Her paintings often depict the beauty in dilapidated homes that one regularly sights here in the West. You can't help but look at her painting and wonder where the owners of this home have gone? I always want to climb into her paintings and take a look around. Do you do that? I love to imagine what is just beyond the edge of the canvas. Is there an old barn or an overgrown garden?

Her brushwork infuses her art with emotion. You can tell that she really connects within her subject matter. She finds beauty where others find ruin. What an inspiration.

2 comments:

E.K. said...

Yeah, there is no doubt that you got art in your veins, and it goes back further than your grandma! I love this painting, and for all those reading I have a little secret to share. There is another incredible painting on the back of this painting (it's on panel not canvas)! This family has some crazy amazing talent.

Anonymous said...

I do often ponder like that. I have a particular painting of one of her houses that I like to gaze at and try to decipher the interior, especially the floor plan. I am sandwiched between two amazing artists.

Mother of one, Daughter of another.
Mom

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...