Sunday, November 9, 2008

Saturday and Fort Night

Yesterday , after our relaxing morning, we decided to head out on our morning walk with Miss Bumblebee. She was in a fantastic mood and was doing these bucking bronco kicks. So, Eric decided to capitalize on her mood. He began tossing a stick around for her, as you can see in the photo below. Eric has taken over the bulk of the stick tossing duties since the day I accidentally poked her in the eye with a stick.
Bumblebee doesn't really play fetch. Instead she chases the stick runs in circles with it, tosses it in the air and then settles down to chomp on it as you can see below. The sitting and chomping can be a bit of a problem, considering that she has all the time in the world to lay in the grass and do nothing. Sometimes we indulge her, but yesterday she was distracted by two yappie miniature collies.

After the collie encounter we finished up our lovely walk and then headed home.


We had some lunch and went to a few libraries around Denver. We found out that Emiliana Torrini had released a new album and listened to it as we ran a few errands. When we got home I decided that it was high time to get a little painting done.


I completed this giant canvas that I have been working on for quite some time! The photo below is of me signing the finished piece. Woo hoo. I will let you know when it is up on the web site.


Finally, we decided it was fort time. We had planned on making a fort Thursday night, but then switched to Saturday night.

We drew up some fort rules, made some fort snacks and settled in to watch several episodes of Lost.
I love days that go so well that my cheeks hurt from all the smiling!

7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

so this is like the slumber parties ben and i used to have - before kids. if we did anything this cool now, we'd have two little people in it with us.

oh wait. we do things that are this cool. *smile* all four of us.

you two are such fun!

Honey said...

hi thee, so where is the website I'd love to see some of your work. Looks like a great day out.

Kim said...

Oh what fun! I need to make a fort for dh and I. It's usually just for the kids. But, a grown up fort...that sounds like fun ;)

Meg Wolff said...

You are so fun! Little things ARE big.

Anonymous said...

I haven't made a fort in forever! Thanks for sharing the joy with me :o) your little dog is adorable! Take care & have a great Sunday night.
xox,
Linnea

Stacy Kraus McDonald said...

What a wonderful weekend!

Anonymous said...

I love your fort rules! We don't have rules for our forts yet, but when Guppy is bigger we'll have to come up with some cool ones - and I can't wait to see your painting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...