Saturday, January 3, 2009

Sweeter than Sugar

Yesterday he arrived in the mail. Eric and I had been obsessively awaiting the arrival of Charlemagne. No, not the King of the Franks, Charlemagne is our handsome new camera. We have been struggling to make due with a point and shoot camera for the past year. My parents gifted us with a beautiful new camera for Christmas (thanks Mom and Dad).

Photo of Bumblebee taken with the old camera

Some of you may not be aware of the difference a good camera can make, so let me give you a little taste. Our old camera took the photo above. You can see it is a photo of Bumblebee in low light. Kind of fuzzy, definitely a poor quality photo!

Photo of Bumblebee taken with the new camera

Now, take a look at this photo (above). I took this photo in exactly the same light just a moment later. Can you believe that? I am beyond thrilled!

Ophelia

So, Eric and I did what comes naturally to us, we went overboard. We took photos all night. We ended up with 104 photos this morning.


Mia

Look at this photo of Mia! Also, please note how tiny her chin is. Eric and I find it very charming.


We didn't only take photos of our animals. We are also working on new art with our camera, but we spent most of our time just getting to know Charlemagne and test his limits.

Lest you think I am abandoning my old camera, Trixie, please know that she will be with me. I carry around a camera at all times. So, my tiny point and shoot will be the on-the-go camera.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooh im excited for you. i've been wanting a good quality camera also.

Sarah Kramer said...

FANTASTIC! I can't wait to see what you guys do with it.

Mia's chin is soooo cute!! It's nice to get a good look at Ophelia. I never did get long look. :)

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh you lucky kids you!!! I am a direct decendant of Charlemagne you know, so maybe I should have him instead? Ha!!!!

Elizabeth said...

wow! what fun! someday i will join you in new camera land, :D

Emily said...

What a difference a camera upgrade can make! I'm excited to see what you guys are able to do with it. I see many cool photos in the future. And I love that you name things. We do that too. We had a car named Honey for awhile and we have a blanket on our bed named Hector (which has become a joke among our friends). Long story about the name....

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on Charlamagne. Canon's are wonderful cameras. The animals are extremely cute. Enjoy your new arrival.

Ellen said...

Congrats on the new camera - how fun! (and your animals are so beautiful)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...