I have several odds and ends photos that haven't made their way into a blog yet. I am constantly taking photos and often thinking blogging thoughts as I do. These are a few photos that have been taken recently, but didn't make it into a blog all their own. Today is their moment to shine.
Bumblebee finds the weirdest places to snooze. Sometimes she'll wedge herself between the computer cabinet and the couch, other times she'll spread out across the center of the floor on her back with her toes pointed. Recently she decided that she would stick her head under the credenza. She had been eyeballing me as I was cooking dinner. I am not sure why because I [almost] never give her food whilst I am cooking.
This is a photo from one of our recent spring snowstorms. I was inside, warm and cozy, looking out as the wind was blowing sideways. I love how blue it was outside. Just beautiful.
What is a move without Ophelia stealing a box? She loves to sleep in boxes. It's kind of her thing. She will go bolting through the house, making Bumblebee whine nervously, and then dive into her box. If you begin to wonder just which box she has laid claim to you need only take a look at the thick layer of cat hair in the bottom.
Finally, here is a photo from just after another recent spring storm. Our spring storm trend is one day of mild to moderate blizzarding followed by 50+ degree weather. This photo was taken on a warm day after the storm. The snow had yet to melt, but the shadow of this tree, thick with buds, looked so beautiful creeping across the white ground that I had to get a photo.
8 comments:
I think Oph does a lot of stuff that can be described as "her thing". Being lazy, having bad breath, destroying our furniture, overreacting, knocking all of our stuff off the table, etc. I love her.
Love the blue photo!! And, I'm happy that I was home for Spring snow storm #2
It cracks me up when cats claim things like boxes as their own! Do you remember Squeak and her obsession with eating boxes? My Mom even burried her with the box that was hers. She didn't want Squeak to get lonely in the ever-after without it!
Dogs do wedge themselves into funny places. We had a cockapoo once who would crawl under the woodstove and sleep - we couldn't believe she could stand the heat...
Many years ago I invented the "Happy Kitty Fun Box" (I have no patten on the product or copyright on the name, so run with it if you wish). Essentially it's an empty cardboard box and a sprinkle of catnip which results in long stretches of frantic play, followed by pure kitty bliss.
I love the blue, hazy trees and the branch shadows!
Cats do love boxes don't they! :) Great photos. I was going to comment on yesterday's post but didn't get around to it... so... what I was going to say was that it is terrific your "bump" is starting to show. Just take all the comments, and public "petting" you get with a grain of salt. Some people can be absolutely bizarre around pregnant women :| I once had a complete stranger reach over and touch my belly and begin talking to the baby!
Great post... I love how dogs find random places to sleep. (Cats too!)
Post a Comment