Wednesday, April 1, 2009

My Busy Brain


I have a lot on my mind as Eric and I are preparing for so much change. I am so excited about all that is going on and my brain has begin to remind me of a dog chasing it's tail. Here are the things I have been obsessively thinking about:

Packing. I have actually laid in bed at night and considered new packing techniques. I decided against my brilliant idea of using shredded paper to secure breakables. I envision quite a mess on the other end. Although I have been stuffing my socks into vases and other breakables.

Moving the cats. Last time we moved our girls Ophelia had a melt down and there was non-stop meowing and self-inflicted wounds. We have tried both drugging and not drugging the cats and neither seems to help. Any recommendations?

Hiring my replacement at work. I have been conducting interviews this week. It is so weird to be on the other end of the interview process. People have been literally shaking with fear in front of me. Me?! It's so silly; I want to whisper to them, "Don't worry I'm nice," but I don't because that might be a little weird too. So, I just try and put them at ease by being at ease myself.

Finding a place to live in WY. We really need to pin that down.

We get Grandpa Whiscut back when we move to WY. Eric and I are quite excited.

This baby is starting to get big. I have undeniable belly growth at this point. To the untrained eye I still do not appear pregnant, but I won't be able to keep this from the public much longer. I am kind of excited for the wisdom that random strangers offer. I like how the world looks at pregnant ladies.

We're getting another spring storm today and again on Friday. Snow is expected. I wonder if I will be leaving work early for another snow day with my hubby?

What has been on your mind lately?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have similar busy-ness going on. Just 5 1/2 weeks until DH is finished with school and we're free!!!! To find work, to find home, to live again! So much anticipation. Hugs to you and your rounding belly :-)

Anonymous said...

you are taking all this excitement and change so well! im amazed. i tend to stress over things. how are you keeping it all together?

Maria Rose said...

I am just so excited and I know it will all get done. I think pregnancy has brought my normal stress level down. I feel extremely laid back and happy lately.

Robin said...

You have been busy! I can just see your brain on overload with all of those thoughts running around. te-he... how are you not going crazy??

No tips on the cats. But with Boo when we moved him from ID to MT we had to put a towel over his cage the entire way other wise he would freak out big time! Melba always mopes around for a couple weeks after a move but never anything as bad as what it sounds like your cats have gone through!

If I think of something, I will let you know.

Have a good day! Miss you!

affectioknit said...

Good luck with your packing!

Stacy Kraus McDonald said...

I've been thinking about job opportunities.... am I really growing enough at my current job?

I'm wondering about when the weather will become warm enough to wear my dresses. I love summer dresses!

Should I do online dating again? Am I ready?

And, lastly, can I take a nap? I'm thinking a George Costanza office under my desk...

sophie said...

Moving is tough, the packing can be so tiring, a little bit each day is good. We just used masses of newspaper last time we moved and had only 1 thing break (of course it was something of my mums!) it's easy then to dump everything in the recycling bin. Popcorn too is a really good cushion for breakables and can be given to birds after.

Everything will be fine.

Christina Lowry said...

I remember when my pregnant belly made it's first appearance. I was so excited, and said to my friends "look at my belly". They laughed and said I didn't have one yet! But I could see it. By nine months they were laughing because I was so BIG! (Baby was born 9 pound 4 ounces.)

If you can, take lots of photos of your growing tummy. They are so nice to look back at later! I wish I had taken more.

It is nice how people treat pregnant women, and when you have a newborn in your arms or in a pram, people stop to look and ask questions or just smile at you as they walk past. It is very cute. :)

PS. How are you travelling with the cats? By car? We have moved houses quite a few times with our black cat Seth. He HATES to be in a cage. So hubby drives the car while I sat in the back with Seth on my lap. When we get onto the motor way, he usually crawls up onto the ledge in the back of the car and sits there looking out the window the whole time! It is the only way we can move him, or else he mieows so pitifully and gets all scratchy at us and himself. We have done it with two cats before too. One sat on my lap looking out the side window, one sat on the ledge looking out the back. I talked to them and patted them and made sure they didn't go into the front of the car!

Anonymous said...

Such an exciting time! That pram is so beautiful - we wanted something classic, but I'm such a pedestrian and knew I'd run with Guppy, so we went with an PTT (pousette tout terrain - all terrain stroller!). I'm not sure what to say for the cats - I've only ever moved once when I had kitties and it was across town, so not too difficult.
I just love new beginnings!

Elizabeth said...

just saying hi!

there's so much on my mind . . . too much right now . . .

i am so excited for you, to start the whole parenting thing! having a live bit of sunshine in my house all the time . . . so perfect! or for you - the BIGGEST little thing EVER! :) who will hopefully start out pretty small . . . :)

hugs to you. happy thursday!

Sarah Kramer said...

I love packing. LOVE IT! I wish I could help.

As for the cats. A little Rescue Remedy goes a long way. ;)

the dwellers said...

Cross-country move, with 1 cat, in progress: our best advice is to use a small dog carrier. We put a litter box in the back of the carrier and then an inexpensive towel in the front half that is close to the food/water on the carrier door. On as many drives as possible our daughter holds Wesson on her lap with a fresh towel (cause of shedding).

We still end up with a uber-caution kitty for a little while, but it gets us there in one piece. :)

Hope that helps and that all the details work together for your move.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...