Thursday, June 11, 2009

Around the Yard, Around the House: Just a Little Taste

I tend to be a little bit of a voyeur. I love looking at people's homes, the little details of their lives. I think most people are that way. I have been getting requests to take a good look at our new place. I promise a good thorough tour will soon follow, but Eric and I are busy arranging and re-arranging everything to our liking. Then we will do it all again later this summer as we prepare for the arrival of our little girl.

For now I thought I'd give a little taste of what's going on around here in the house and around the yard. I think sometimes those little details are even more telling.

Flowers, after our recent rainy days.

Green growing things in the garden. All of the rain this week has been wonderful.

The garage.

Bumblebee rests mid-morning.

My paintbrushes have been migrating around, looking for their new home.

Just a corner of the living room.

Eric and I are big on creating little vignette's throughout the house.


Oh, and on a side note do you see the little black specks in the photo of the yard, they're birds? Yesterday afternoon dozens and dozens of little black birds landed in the yard and then almost as quickly as they arrived, they were gone. I tried to count and got over 30 before I lost track. I was momentarily fearful that we were entering into some new version of The Birds.

7 comments:

Stacy said...

Wow, lots of birds.

I love the picture of your paintbrushes!

Elizabeth said...

flocks of birds freak me out.

i have one little birdy on my blog today . . . but any closer . . . well . . . it's just their little clawed feet. and the fact that birds can squeeze into places that they should really never fit . . . uhhh. it gives me the shivers.

Robin said...

Great photos lady! Can't wait to see more of the house.

Chrissy said...

Love your flowers!... Come by my page, left u an award

http://erickaleisbestfriend.blogspot.com/2009/06/how-sweet.html

affectioknit said...

Your lettuce looks lovely - we just planted last week so we don't have any quite yet...

the dwellers said...

Thanks for sharing some of the details from your new home...looks lovely.

Little jealous of the lettuce, not one of ours came up!

SPCA Victoria BC Canada said...

Bumblebee is my new computer wallpaper. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...