Monday, June 22, 2009
Today is my brother Ben's birthday. Here are 24 reasons that I celebrate my brother today.
24. He loves a toy poodle. I think it takes a special man to truly love a toy poodle. Bonus fact the poodle is named Coco.
23. He is a new husband and I am certain that he is doing an amazing job as a friend and spouse to his lovely new wife.
22. He let me pretend to be his second mother throughout our childhood. Sam did that too, it was nice of them.
21. When we were little he would join me in writing and performing shows for our parents.
20. He likes a good debate. I find this to be both maddening and endearing.
19. He has a good heart, whether he admits it or not.
18. He moved to the same town as our Grandmother and he and Sara make it a point to be close to her.
17. Even though we are separated by a great distance (and I really miss him) he makes it a point to call regularly and just to keep connected.
16. He just bought his first home. He's got it together.
15. He is really good at his job, like really good.
14. He's funny.
13. He once bought a machete (much to my horror) and had a friend throw fruit at him while he sliced it midair, it was pretty funny.
12. He knows how to have fun, uncomplicated fun.
11. He gets the worst/best gifts. Seriously, he got me this.
10. When he was little he wanted to stay at home forever and adopt tons of children. While the plans have changed, he's always that kid.
9. He used to ask my opinion about whether I thought certain things were cool. How I miss those days.
8.He eats more food than any human should.
7. He pushes himself to succeed and he does.
6. After years of taunting (gently) me about veganism he is now vegetarian.
5. He is one of the two people (my Dad too) who can tease me about my big fat (pregnant) belly.
4. He is incredibly loyal. I admire that deeply.
3. He is impulsive. He gets crazy ideas, like, I'll canoe across this lake even though it's several miles wide and I'm not experienced as a canoer (canoeist?). Sometimes this makes me nearly vomit with worry (it's my nature), but nobody can say that he doesn't live his life.
2. He makes really funny mixed CDs.
1. He's one of my best friends.
Posted by Maria Rose at Monday, June 22, 2009