Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Yesterday

The past few days we spent house sitting for my parents who were on a little journey to Montana. I was only a bit jealous. OK that is a fib, I was really envious, particularly when they called to tell me exactly how beautiful it was in Montana. Thankfully it is currently beautiful and green here in Wyoming and I didn't have time to dwell on missing Montana.

Sam had stayed behind because he is taking summer courses in order to graduate early. I think he is trying to outdo Ben and I and that's OK, he has already promised to support me when he becomes a millionaire. Anyway, when his classes let out yesterday afternoon he joined Miss Bumblebee and I for a walk in the park.

We walked for a while, talking about our most current obsessions. He is about to get his license and has been obsessively pondering car choices. He actually has saved up for the purchase of a car. When I was his age all of my money went to thrift store shopping and garage sale-ing.


We finally sat down in the grass on top of a hill and just talked as we looked out. It was really nice. We both obliged each other by listening as we discussed our personal obsessions. Mine is the baby in case that was unclear. Yes, it's true-in spite of my best efforts I can't help but think about this little girl nonstop. It certainly doesn't help that this little one seems to be in a state of constant motion, she doesn't let me forget about her for even a moment. I swear she is practicing cartwheels or maybe she is trying to learn this dance (I'm sorry, but that video NEVER gets old).

When we sat down Miss Bumblebee first ran circles around us, barking joyfully. Apparently bringing ourselves down to her level was a thrill worthy of celebration. Soon enough she settled into my lap and just watched enjoyed and the view. Dogs are good that way, they can just enjoy quite simply..although she too may have been pondering her own obsessions (eating cat food, staring intensely, whining, licking her foot).

5 comments:

Stacy said...

Dogs are the best.

..... Carmen said...

Sounds like a beautiful day :)

Robin said...

What a lovely way to spend time with your brother!

Samuel said...

That was awesome! thanks for chilling and listening to my obsessing!

I leave you now with this...



"Novice pirates make terrible singers because they can't hit the high seas"

Court said...

Aw, what a sweet post. It's lovely how you two get along.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...