Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Today is a Day to Listen to Records

Photobucket

Today feels like a day to play records. The weather has been hot. Our small house has been even warmer. I am getting used to the constant hum of the ceiling fan as it has become a regular member of our family.

I think maybe it has something to do with all of the photos I have been scanning (see yesterday's post), but I am feeling sort of nostalgic. I generally lean towards romanticizing times gone by. Maybe it's just the long summer days. I am not really sure. Lately I feel like wearing dresses...yes this has a lot to do with the fact the it's easier to wear a dress when you're this pregnant...and flowers in my hair, baking bread (or cookies), listening to records and looking at old photos. Do you ever feel that way?

Here is my plan for the day:
1) Continue to go through the huge box of family photos.
2) Bake a loaf of whole wheat bread, before it gets too hot to have the oven on.
3)Listen to records. I think I will start off the day with some Dion (no, not Celine Dion, but this guy), he makes me really happy.
4) Do some writing. I will do some writing for fun as well as some work on my thesis.
5) Drink as much pink lemonade as any one human should.

What are your plans for the day?

15 comments:

Molly said...

Thank you so much for the compliment!! And reading my blog :) Have a wonderful Tuesday!!
~Molly P

Carol said...

Pink lemonade, yum!! I'll be at work until 5, and then my evening plans are cleaning! woohoo!

Holly said...

omg i would trade you days so fast if i could...!

stuck in the office :/

Hello Lindello said...

Your day sounds delightful! Fresh baked bread sounds so yummy:)

Its a grey day here so I plan on catching up on some work from, have some tea, and take a nap.

Your blog is lovely, thanks for stopping by mine!

Twobreadsplease said...

Sounds like the perfect day, pink lemonade is so tasty and i love listening to records, they sound so much better. x

Emily said...

Mmmmm...fresh baked bread. Good thinking to start it early before the house heats up. Sounds like a productive day at your house! Today I ran errands (grocery store, bank, gas) with the girls in the inferno that is our state right now. We're all pink cheeked and ready to cool off at home.

affectioknit said...

That sounds like a fun day!!! I drank gallons of pink lemonade when I was pregnant too...

Val said...

Oh boy - wearing dresses, barefoot, baking bread...sounds like me when I was pregnant! I think it comes with the territory :-)

Nikki Cardigan said...

Sounds like a perfect pregnant day.

I used to get so cross when people would say to me "enjoy it while you can", incinuating that all good things will end when my babies were born.

What I would like to say to you is enjoy this peaceful time, pottering around with your baby in your belly. Once your miracle arrives, times like this will be harder to come by and will be replaced with other joys.

Gen said...

After work my daughter & I had a delicious quinoa salad. Tonight board games are on the agenda. I am quite excited as I love board games.

..... Carmen said...

Love your new title bar :) I'm glad to hear someone is experiencing warm weather and needs to use a ceiling fan - lol. I spent today wearing clothes more appropriate for the fall, huddled inside, avoiding the rain!

Robin said...

I haven't had pink lemonade for so long, I can't even remember what it tastes like!

Today? Ugh... too many errands have left me frazzled.

this wheel's on fire said...

Could your day sound any better? I think not. I love the header by the way! So pretty xo

heatherA said...

Oooh I am so with you on the dresses and bread making and lemonade... is it something about summertime that makes us patter about just enjoying simple goodness?

Lovely blog!

Stacy said...

Yay for record day! Sounds like fun. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...