Friday, August 14, 2009

A Few Projects

I have been a little bit crafty lately. I have a lot of stuff to get done before our little lady arrives, not just the fun crafts. Here is a little taste of my pre-baby to-do list:
  • Clean every square inch of the house. I will probably do this a dozen times in the next month and a half!
  • Clean out the car. Currently the back seat offers a breathtaking sampling of Bumblebee's fur.
  • With regard to the above issue I am sewing a car seat cover to keep the fur from taking over again. So far I have found a cool retro sheet and now I just have to sew it up right.
  • Have several meals ready/frozen.
  • Meet pediatrician.
  • Regular check-ups. I go every other week at this point.
  • Set up all of the baby stuff. This is generalized because it involves more steps than you probably want to read about.
  • Pre-check in at the hospital.
  • Go over Bumblebee sitting with Sam. He's the designated dog watcher while we're at the hospital.
  • Child birth prep class. I go tomorrow. I don't want to watch a labor video...
  • Child care class. Eric and I have been around tons of little babies, but we decided to take a class. I am not sure that there is really anything that they can tell us, but we're just excited to do baby related activities at this point.
  • Baby shower! I am excited!!!!
I could go on and on, but that would just be a bit overwhelming. Also on my list was to make a second dog bed for Bumblebee. She has one in the living room and one in the bedroom. I finished one earlier this summer, but it took me some time to get around to the second one.

Bumblebee on bed 8/14/09
She seems to approve.

With the leftover scraps from the dog bed I made a little scarf or something, I am not really sure what it is but I hung it on the window.

Scrap scarf 8/14/09
What would you call it?

Finally I have started a few little pieces of art for the baby. I am not quite finished, but here is the progress I have made.

Art for baby 8/14/09

Have you been up to anything crafty lately?

11 comments:

Carol said...

Sounds like you have a busy but productive weekend ahead!

Emily said...

Love, love, love the owl and elephant artwork! Very cute. =)

Tammie said...

i love the art youve been making. adorable.

im excited for you guys.

Elizabeth said...

oh, your artwork is fabulous!

and so is bumblebee's bed.

and the sunny garland! i'd call it a garland, i guess. a scrappy garland. :)

and yes, i've been crafting lately.

and i have a giveaway at my place - your readers are invited, too. :)

bitsofsunshine.typepad.com

45+ and Aspiring said...

It's so nice to share your excitement and planning for your new arrival! I love how you said you just wanted to do baby related things at this point.

If you're willing, will you please e-mail me your mailing address? I'd like to send you a little creative endeavor of my own. . .
45andaspiring@bellsouth.net

I bet the baby will love bumblebee's beds too! :)

..... Carmen said...

I think Bumblebee has an amazing bed! Lucky dog :) Looks like you have quite the list there, but thankfully most already accomplished. Nesting I see has set in ;)

On my way Home... said...

Ah, it's nice to see you have a list too. I'm not the only one. :) My list doesn't include baby stuff just yet. The house itself has a lot to be done before it's baby-ready...
Love the artwork and fabric you used on Bumblebee's bed.

Our Green Nest said...

Love the art pieces you have done - so cute! Have fun and rest before your little one arrives! :)

the dwellers said...

I love the owl and elephant artwork. The colors are so happy!

Good luck on your to-do list.

45+ and Aspiring said...

I gave you the wrong e-mail: it's 45andaspiring@gmail.com

Robin said...

Maybe you have a new career in making and selling dog beds! It's awesome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...