Thursday, August 13, 2009

Photo Booth

Yesterday Eric and I found ourselves at the mall. We were there for a quick in and out operation. I am not a huge fan of malls. Mostly because of those booths in the center of the mall that have staff who actively try and sell stuff to passers-by. I always get pulled in with phrases like, "Can I ask you a question miss?" I have difficulty being rude, even though I have no interest in purchasing their face cream or stencil sets or whatever they may be selling. When I get pulled in I tell them that they are wasting their breath because I won't buy their product. They never believe me and try anyway. So we both end up losing 10 minutes of time.

Anyway, yesterday there were no booth attendant encounters and we were able to go about our mission in peace. Actually it was really quite nice. I am just over a month shy of my due date and the protruding belly is beginning to pull out all sorts of sweet smiles from strangers. I really love that! Hopefully the smiles will stick around after this little lady is born.

Do you remember the old photo booths that used to be everywhere? I hardly ever see them anymore, but there is one in the mall here in town. Eric and I had to give it a go. We haven't had a photo booth experience in years. The poor quality of the photos doesn't matter, it's just plain fun!

Photobucket

Finally we had another newscaster sighting yesterday! We actually saw him twice in less than an hour. We were at the library and spotted the weather guy. We did our usual method of obvious spying in order to confirm that it was indeed the weather guy. He was in the middle of a conversation so we may have been less obvious than usual. Later, while in the mall, we spotted him in a checkout line. When I told my mom, she suggested that he was following us! I love that idea. I wish the newscasters were trying to spot us as readily as we are trying to spot them. Game on newscasters, game on!

7 comments:

Dooder City said...

You guys crack me up with the newscaster sightings! I love them. I saw your baby bump photos on your husbands blog! You are just adorable.

Carol said...

Oh I totally want to find a photobooth now!

AKM said...

Aww, your photos are the perfect reflection of you guys...silly and sweet! Thanks for sharing with us.

I went to a wedding that had a B&W photo booth that printed two sets of prints, one for you and one for the bride and groom. You wrote a note or words of wisdom to the couple, and then they could post the pics in a memory book with the notes. The guests got a plastic bookmark-type thingee to put their set of pics in with the couple's initials and wedding date on the back. I think that was a great idea for both the couple AND for the guests to have as a favor.

Stacy said...

Love the newscaster stalking episode. Watch your back! ;-)

Emily said...

I love the photo booth pics. Very cute. You should put them in your little girl's room since they were taken while she was in your belly. =)

Robin said...

Do you have any newscaster autographs?

Anonymous said...

Thnx for providing this information on your site.
my webpage - Picture Booth Adelaide

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...