Sunday, August 16, 2009

Update and A Rosy Outlook

Yesterday was the big labor prep class day. I went in bright and early and made a Norwegian connection with the nurse who was leading the class. Actually her family name is the same as mine, on the Norwegian side. Interestingly this means that we come from the same town in Norway. So, maybe we're related or maybe my great great Norwegian grandmother took a labor prep class from hers. Food for thought...or something.


Anyway, the class was long, but quite informative. Mostly it was nice to just have someone take their time to answer little questions. We all got a tour of the maternity ward as well, so I know where I will be when all of this birthing business goes down.


We did watch a video, but it wasn't nearly as graphic or horrifying as I anticipated. I was more interested in the end result when they handed the mom her baby. I noticed many moist eyes among us pregnant ladies, eager to meet our little ones. I also met some nice folks, maybe not fast friends, but it was something.

Baby Blanket from Stacy and Rosy 8/16/09

I came home from my baby day to find a package from my friend Stacy from A Rosy Outlook. I was thrilled to receive something other than bills and junk mail, but I had no idea what was in store. I opened the box to find a beautiful handmade quilt. I squealed with joy. The blanket is perfect and lovely! I recognized some of the fabric from her blogs and it was just so neat! Eric was really impressed too...and it means something when you impress a man with a quilt. Thank you Stacy we LOVE it. For those of you who are interested, Stacy is quite a multi-talented crafter, just check out her Etsy store.


12 comments:

Gen said...

Absolutely beautiful quilt, the colors are amazing!

Sarah Kramer said...

Watch http://www.thebusinessofbeingborn.com/

It's incredible ... and my friend Jill is in it. :)

Chrissy said...

What a gorgeous mermaid quilt!.... omg... lucky you...

shellyfish said...

Beautiful, gorgeous quilt! You're getting closer & closer to the big day!

Hello Lindello said...

What a nice gift! That mermaid pattern is awesome.

Swell Vintage - Frankie said...

Wow, what a gorgeous gift! Lucky girl x

Robin said...

Love it!

P.S. My sister had her baby on Monday!

Imene said...

OMG I still remember my birthing class. It took some convincing to drag Salim. He watched everything and I just couldn't ;o)
At one point they showed a picture of how the baby too so much space and how he squeezed everyting. Salim looked at me and said I understand now why you're so slow when you walk ;o)

pixiepine said...

Love the mermaids!

Stacy said...

Oh, so glad you got it (and like it!). It was a lot of fun to make and I hope the colors go well with your little one's room.

sophie said...

what a gorgeous quilt! The colours remind me of gelato. I really loved going to pre natal classes, I went with my mum and it was such a lovely time for us.

Our Green Nest said...

The quilt is gorgeous - LOVE the colors! I would second The Business of Being Born dvd especially since you're delivering your baby at a hospital. There are other dvds and books I would recommend too so just let me know if you're interested and I'll pass them along...I don't want to spout off alot of suggestions if you're not wanting them :). It's a BIG passion of mine though so let me know if you want some...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...