Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Kindness Bandit and Pregnancy Update


Well, it has been a while since I've done a Kindness Bandit post. Lately Eric, the baby and I have been on the receiving end of so many kind words, thoughts and gifts. I can't help but feel like I should start to spread some of that around. People have given us so very very much to help as we settle into our new life with a baby.

Complete strangers have actually given us gifts. I can't even begin to express how touched we are at the absolute outpouring of generosity for our little girl! All of the gifts we have received are absolutely being put to good use and are treasured. We are so very thankful for all that has been given. However, I noticed recently that there were a few duplicate gifts and decided that instead of exchanging the gifts we would share them. So, I am packing a little bag of our extras and taking it with us when we finally head to labor and delivery. I am going to ask the staff nurses to pass the gifts out to mothers who look like they could really use them. Of course we are not giving away anything that isn't a duplicate, because the gifts were all chosen with such care and love. I just want to continue to spread the kindness.

Now for the pregnancy update...
Yesterday I brought my crew with me to the doctor's office and what will hopefully be my last check up. Eric and my Mom were there to hear the good news that something is FINALLY happening. The doctor said ANY DAY NOW (which of course could mean much longer, but we're optimistic)! Can you believe that!?!?! Then last night it seemed like any day now would be any second now, but things have since cooled off. Anyway, it feels as though things are starting to happen. I can't believe she'll be here ANY DAY NOW!

Also, we asked the doctor for a guess on her possible weight. He suggested between 5 and 15 pounds...so that wasn't particularly helpful.

Finally, Eric has taken one final pregnancy portrait if you care to see it you can click here.

12 comments:

Stacy said...

Did her literally say "any day now?" That would be so unlike his normal kooky expressions. Woohoo for ANY DAY NOW!

Clorivak said...

You must be so very excited. I come from E.K.'s blog...I've been frequenting his for awhile and have always meant to come by here as he speaks the World of you. You two are going to be wicked cool parents. I am excited for you guys.
Take Care...^-^

Maria Rose said...

Stacy he did say, "Any day now." Nothing kooky about it.

Beth said...

ANY DAY NOW!!!! So Excited and way cool for you and giving those gifts to emotional woman. Your going to have the whole pregnancy ward crying! I can see the head line now "Super amazing couple makes labor and a delivery " Get it..lol

Widge said...

wow exciting!!! I've been wondering if you had had her yet :)'

all the best. such a special time xx

Hello Lindello said...

How thoughtful of you to pass on the kindness of others. Thats the way it should be :) Take care!

Tammie said...

any day now---yay!

i so admire you for giving your duplicate items to someone who needs them.

i was in Target today and there was a woman there returning a giant cart full of things she had gotten at her baby shower. literally, a cartful. some items were still in gift bags. it broke my heart.

im not a big returner of items as it is, but i truly felt this gal could have found a better use for some of this stuff. of course i didnt say anything to her, that would be rude. but i definitely quietly judged her.

Nikki Cardigan said...

You are awesome. So kind and thoughtful. The mums who receives your gifts will remember your kindness always... even though they wont know who you are.

I keep waiting for your posts to stop. Each morning I look and when I see one there, I think "not yet". I am sending lots of good wishes to you both all the way from Melbourne. xxx

Gen said...

That photo of you is just stunning. Im sending some positive birthing vibes your way.

sophie said...

eeek, so very, very exciting! I am waiting patiently for any news!!

Elizabeth said...

oh! i'm hoping for later today or tomorrow! :)

i laughed out loud about "5 -15 pounds" my little september girl asked what i was laughing at . . . :)

Christina Lowry said...

Wow, that is some accurate estimate isn't it?! :) I hope for your sake that it is not 15! Mine was 9 pound 4 and that was big enough.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...