Monday, September 21, 2009

This and That

Well, today is going to be a bit of a mixed bag of blog posting so bear with me.

First of all, in case it's not obvious, I am still not in labor. I have a doctor's appointment today and hopefully he will give me some news of progress. I'm sure that the appointment will go something like this:
  1. I will make some weird medical jokes as is my normal practice.
  2. He will laugh and the nurse will chuckle politely. Hopefully they just think "Man this pregnant lady is going crazy."
  3. He will say something weird about my progress (the last two times he has called me locked and loaded and also made a reference to Timbuktu).
  4. I will leave in a foggy confusion trying to decipher his strange way of talking.
I will keep you posted.

Photobucket

The last days of Summer have felt a lot like Fall for us here in Wyoming. What about where you are? Last night we got a nice loud storm. There was hail. The whole storm passed quickly through town, leaving piles of hail and shredded leaves. So, last night we broke out the quilts and enjoyed a snugly sleep. I don't know about you, but I sleep infinitely better when the temperature is a bit cooler. Not that I am sleeping all that well at this point in pregnancy, but compared to recent nights I woke rested and ready.

Today there is snow on the mountains and I can see my breath outside. I love fall!

Last night we spent the evening with my parents and youngest brother. We had some dinner and played with my parent's newest obsession, the Wii.
Photobucket
The photo above is an action shot of me (taken with my mom's camera phone) playing along in our family Wii bowling tourney.

Also, Eric just finished his most recent album and has sent it away. It will soon be on itunes. I will keep you posted!

Today I am sending out my thesis proposal. Wahooo! It's about time.

Anything new going on with you?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your doctor sounds like an awesome geek of a guy! (My kind of doctor!). I hope it goes well today. Congrats to you and Eric on your recent accomplishments (album / thesis proposal submission). Thinking happy thoughts for you...

PS -- could you e-mail me your mailing address?

Maria Rose said...

I wish I could, but your comment is anonymous...send me an email and I will get back to you!

Annie said...

Love your doctor! (hope he knows what he's doing too...) I could never go to a male gynecologist though (despite my sexual "openness").

Great that you are still active in the midst of all this: making an album and everything. Congrats!!! And yes, it's fall here too. I was home with a fever for a week and when I went out the leaves were falling!

Wish you and the baby all the best!

Hello Lindello said...

Too bad they dont have a wii game or an ipod app for making you go in labor!

Leslie said...

darn it! It's Leslie.

Stacy said...

It's getting cooler here too and I love it! Hoping the doctor gave you some good (cryptic?) news.

Pam Brewer said...

Maria--You and Eric may be interested in my son's blog: papaspost.blogspot.com. It's an intimate, honest account of his emotions and experiences as a new father.

sophie said...

How exciting for Eric, that is great news. Love the action shot BTW!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...