Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Locked and Loaded

Yesterday I went in for my regular doctor's appointment which has become pretty routine. I am getting so anxious to meet this little lady. I am tempted to commandeer the room with the ultrasound machine and give it a whirl on my own. I probably won't do that as they frown upon such things in most doctor's offices. Sigh.

Anyway I jumped through the usual hoops. All is well and the countdown is on. When the doctor came into the exam room he prodded my belly as I lay on my back, feeling not unlike a sad bug that can't roll over. He discussed the usual details that I have come to expect and then he said, "She's locked and loaded." Sure, it was a weird thing to say, but it got me all jazzed.

Photobucket

So, now I am in the any day now category. It could be several weeks or just a few days. I have everything ready or nearly ready to go and now I am just spending my time trying not to obsess (with little success) about meeting this girl. I also wanted to mention that if there are a few days-o-blog silence you can be certain that something finally happened.

Come on out now! We're ready.

17 comments:

Pam Brewer said...

Could it be a "western" phrase?!

..... Carmen said...

That's wonderful news that she's in position! Looking forward to a few days of silence from you ;)

Victoria said...

Is your doc a former fighter pilot?

Maria Rose said...

Ha ha, nope. He just has a special way of relating to the ladies.

Josiane said...

Oh, you're in the "any day now" category! Exciting! Enjoy those last few days.
I'm looking forward to meeting your little lady.

AKM said...

Yes, we're ALL ready! It will be such fun to "meet" her here.

Whaddaya mean, a few days of silence? Oh no, you must blog during labor! Inquiring minds want to know!

I kid, I kid. ;-)

Tammie said...

ooh. so exciting. here's to hoping she comes sooner rather than later.

and i agree with AKM, what-you can't blog during labor?! slacker. ;)

Anonymous said...

Looks like you either need to bring your laptop to the hospital or have Eric or Sam be your "fill-in" blogger. Mom

dutchgirl said...

lol at the "locked and loaded" it certainly sounds western to me!

I am so excited for you, and to finally get to meet little miss! Wishing you lots of nice and easy labor vibes :)

Our Green Nest said...

So exciting! Just be patient...she'll come naturally when she's ready. If you go over 39 weeks, please don't let anyone alarm you into anything, especially since you're delivering at a hospital with a doctor.

I went just a couple days shy of 42 weeks and it all happens when it's supposed to when you don't medically intervene and it'll be "easier" that way too. The more patient, laidback, and at peace you are about it all, the better. Anyway, just my thoughts...

It's all going to go beautifully and I cannot wait to see her (even if it's weeks away)!!! Enjoy this time with just you two together...it's such an incredibly special time.

Gen said...

I wish you all the best!

Stacy said...

Woohoo - can't wait for a little blog silence. I am looking forward to meeting your little love.

the dwellers said...

Grandpa Joe would have appreciated that announcement :)

Robin said...

The getting closer point is so exciting!! Trying to guess the 'is it now'? time! Have fun darling lady.

P.S. I'm sure you heard Brianne is finally getting her girl?

Annie said...

Good luck! I love the recent photos here, so beautiful.

heather said...

Even the doctors speak Cowboy out there...ha. So exciting that you're sooo close!

Nikki Cardigan said...

What a funny way to describe your girl... locked and loaded. Or maybe that was you!!!

While you are so desperate to meet this girl, these are the last days that she is soley your responsibility. The last days she is just yours. The last days she is part of you. The last days you know she is safe because you have her with you all the time. I LOVED meeting my babies but I missed (and still do) having them all to myself. Enjoy these last days. She will be here very soon. xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...