Monday, September 28, 2009

Still Pregnant, Let's Talk About Fall

Yes, I am still here. Sorry, no baby to report yet. Let's change the subject shall we? Don't worry I will almost certainly turn any subject into a discussion about pregnancy.

Photobucket

It's starting to look fall like here in Wyoming. I am still stubbornly refusing to wear anything but dresses, but there have been a few chilly mornings were I felt quiet regret that I didn't wear my ever so flattering maternity pants. I am also still wearing open toed shoes. I put off wearing closed shoes until the last possible moment. My toes are independent, they don't like to work as a team.

Yesterday I picked and ate what were probably the last tomatoes from my garden. I have been watching them ripen and waiting for just the right time to pick them. They were delicious. Are you still getting food from your garden? OK, so here is the point where my mind begins to wander back to this pregnancy and I could go off on a tangent about how my pregnancy is sort of like the change over from summer ripening to the fall harvest, but that would be crazy talk. Crazy talk that comes only from a woman who is past her due date...so, I won't do that. You can imagine some eloquent post about seasonal changes and how they relate to my pregnancy.

15 comments:

Tammie said...

you havent had that baby yet? man, im starting to think that you're just lazy.

;)

(no, really...im keeping my finger crossed that she comes soon.)

..... Carmen said...

Hope that little lady arrives soon for you! I wonder if she'll be a Sept or Oct babe? :)

affectioknit said...

I'm loving the fall weather and colour right now too...

Meg Wolff said...

I remember those days ... relax, the big day will be here before you know it. :-)

I don't blame you for wanting to wear dresses and open toed shoes as long as possible. Comfort is important.

Stacy said...

It's not quite fall here... but I'll ask it to hurry if that means your little one will come!

Emily said...

"She'll be comin' round the mountain when she comes....."
Sorry, that song just popped into my head. Don't worry, that little one will be here before you know it. =)

Elizabeth said...

keep refusing to wear socks or stockings!

and keep sitting cross-legged any chance you get . . .

i want to meet her, too!

the dwellers said...

There is no need to hurry...sapphires and opals are both beautiful :)

http://www.gems4friends.com/birthstones.html

Praying for a safe delivery and peace for your last moments of waiting.

sophie said...

Oh the waiting can be so hard sometimes, 40 weeks is enough!

Imene said...

I am missing the fall colors!!
See I can leave a comment without mentionning pregnancy...oops!!
Hang in there

eLiZaBeTh said...

It will happen soon...I just know it! We are in Seattle & I thought that I would check in on you. We flew over Wyoming today and I wondered if there was a new Wimmer! I will be praying for you!

Hello Lindello said...

I love fall. Hiking through crunchy leaves and seeing all the colors makes my year I think.

ps. She doesnt want to come out because shes enjoying all the yummy foods you've been eating :)

Amanda said...

Thinking of you and keeping fingers, toes and even eyes crossed for you for luck! :)

elizabeth said...

hmmmm . . . . she hasn't posted since monday, and it's wednesday . . . i wonder if she is holding a little girl . . . :) i hope so!

Karlene Kamelle said...

Not anymore your not! Yay! I'll give you a call in few days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...