Sunday, September 27, 2009

Adopti-versary

I thought I should acknowledge Bumblebee's 4 year adopti-versary. You can read the full story here.

Bumblebee

Today I'd just like to highlight a few of her charms since she pretty much has a regular feature on this blog:

  • She has boundless joy. Seriously, her exuberance is truly amazing. I have never been around a happier creature.
  • When the cell phone rings she tilts her head to the side. Soon after she runs to the window because she thinks that when the phone rings it means she is about to get some company.
  • She makes me laugh hysterically several times a day.
  • She's really good at cuddling up if we're sick or just having a slow day.
  • She has challenged us to be more patient, responsible and understanding of the needs of others.
I could go on and on, but I will just say that adopting her was one of the best things that Eric and I ever have done. If you haven't adopted an animal I highly recommend it.

6 comments:

Stacy said...

Rosy also is excessively happy... it's so warm. And, when my cell phone rings one particular ring tone, she gets all excited because she somehow knows it is tied to the door buzzer.

Daphne said...

All of my pets are or have been adopted (or found)... except maybe a guinea pig or two long ago. But seriously -- why would you NOT adopt a pet?

affectioknit said...

What a sweet story!!! Happy Adoptiversary Bumblebee!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Miss Bumblebee...she hit the adoption jackpot! Mom

Christina Lowry said...

Awww, so lovely. Happy anniversary Bumblebee!

I understand, we have an adopted cat and dog who we love dearly, even when they dig holes in the yard or pee on the bath mat... :)

I hope Bumblebee doesn't get jealous about the baby. Oour cat got a bit jealous, but our dog has been fine, we just made a rule not to have food around when the dog and the baby are near each other so that there are no problems.

elizabeth said...

hurray for bumblebee!

our chocolate lab is adopted, too. :)

maybe today will be the day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...